Translate/Traduci!

mercoledì 10 ottobre 2012

Shanghai's beach and other weird things




Life is like a river, if you try to swim against the tide you are just going to drawn. The best you can do is just follow the stream trying to dodge the obstacles. Following this philosophy of life I try to keep calm and carry on, despite life reveal itself to be quite a bitch at times. "If life is a bitch, I'll just go to the beach" I figured. So I did.



I took a bus there with my friend Mr.S. It wasn't the safest one, but we got there in about an hour.



On the bus there's extra seat in the middle. Safe uh?

This is an "artificial" beach. Meaning that they brought the sand from samewhere else, and they have built a fence that divides the "outside yellow water" from the rather clean one on the inside. But apparelty the "water cleaner" stopped working in September since the season was over. So the water was not that clean.


Too bad the beach as well reveled itself to be quite different from what I used to, also the weather was not how we expected it to be. Despite the fact the beach itself wasn't too bad, the chinese people once again managed to make everything to be weird and not fun.

First of all, no bikini girl. Everyone on the beach was wearing everyday clothes, like they were going to work. Not to mention the "tents" they built on the beach, because everybody knows in China: if you get the sun on your skin you will burn and die. Basically Chinese people are the closest living things to vampires.



From the photo it actually looks quite nice 


Giant water-bicycle which Chinese people can ride without worrying to get wet


Dirty, dirty water


Chinese people fully dressed


A little shop right in the middle of the beach


A Chinese baby playing next to the tent in which the rest of the family is avoiding the sun




We managed to have a decent time anyway, and had our daily ration of Chinese asking for a photo with us. Also we saw some cool kite action. 






After a while it started raining, so we moved to the center of the city which wasn't exciting at all, so we went back to Shanghai pretty soon. 



Not a wasted day, but I was expecting much more fun on the beach.


There's something else I should mention about this city, the fact that I love it and hate it at the same time. There's days in which I ask myself why am I even here, days in which I want to kill every single Chinese person on the streets. And there's days instead in which you turn left instead of right and you discover a totally new part of the city you ignored the existence of. And then you remember why you love this city, because there's always something new to do, to discover, to enjoy.




This is called "Shanghai's Times Square"


And to end this episode, some random funny things I found in the city


Don't you dare


Ok I won't even if I really wanted to


Just some monks I found outside my house


And that's how the handle a fire in China

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento