Translate/Traduci!

sabato 21 gennaio 2012

Meeting the Dragon

5 Years has passed since it happened. It was a cold silent winter night as it is today. Everything's frozen and silent, like in a picture. But
inside me the cold is just about to melt, now I know where to go. I knew where HE is.

HE disappeared 5 years ago, but only recently I find out that HE is still out there. I received some photo of HIM. I'll be tracking HIS
movement. I'll be HIS shadow. If HE is still out there, I have to go. Only one thing is certain, the destination. SHANGHAI.








I only have few photos actually showing HIS face. It must have been a long flight.




First thing I did, I reached his hostel. From the airport I took the metro. Everything lookes very clean and overly "controlled". At every stop there's a "guard" guiding the people's traffic in and out the train. The outskirts are rather rural compared to the center of the city, like they have been left behind. Broken houses and huge fields little by little leave space to big factories, sometimes they are just next to each other. I think that's the best way to describe this place, there's a constant contrast between rich and poor, up and down, east and west.


EVERYTHING is just so weird....


This is the neiborhood he was initially staying in. Not the best.

at night it's better









Dealing with chinese people is never easy. Nobody here speaks any english, and even the easier thing becames very difficult. Luckily they are always willing to help and they don't give up so easily even if they don't undestand what you are saying. You just need to be a little patient. On the street instead, the walker is the last ring of the food chain. Traffic lights are there, but nobody seems to care.

At the hostel staff seemed to reconize HIM when I showed them HIS photo. They said he used to make a lot of questions. No dea where HE is now anyway, so I decided to go for a stroll, heading for his school.

The building was little and the little maid inside was quite helpful. HE is not studying there anymore, but they said he was a good student.


M0ller's House.




Starting getting into the very center...



And that's the last thing I saw before going back to the hostel. I feel like I did enough for the first day. Inside I feel like the enviorment around me, contrast. Happy to be on HIS track, but I feel a little lonely into this world. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
Posted by Picasa

1 commento:

  1. I just can't believe you're in China!!!! I love the blog, very original and interesting! The loneliness will go away soon - once you get your feet on the ground and make a couple of connections with people you'll be all set : D

    RispondiElimina