Translate/Traduci!

martedì 24 gennaio 2012

新年快乐!Happy New Year!



It took some time, but I menaged to contact a chinese family that knew HIM.
I just wanted to ask some questions, but they insisted on inviting me for dinner for New Year. I was very embarassed by the idea of having dinner with chinese people I didn't knew. What if the food was weird? What if I would have offended them someways?
Despite my fears, I went. It was a good choice.

The house was very small and very old. Two bedrooms, one little kitchen in the same space as the living room, which was also the mother hairdreses parlor.

I could not speak with them and they could not speak with me, we could only exchange some words but there was no problem in undestanding each other.
After few bottles of beers, undestanding became easier and also less important.

It has been one of the most interesting experience of my life. They were so welcoming with me, they say they really liked HIM and they miss HIM too.

At first they offered me endless tea (wahtever I wanted it or not) and then dinner started.

There was a lot of different kinds of food and sauces on the table, and everyone had to pick some of this and some of that with the chopsticks and put it in his own plate. The best was the Shanghai crab, which has to be open, crushed and eaten with hands




After dinner I moved to the Bund again
for fireworks. HE loves fireworks, I'm sure he didn't missed the show.

























And the next ay I've been invited to the nepew birthday in (did NOT expected that) a 5 star restaurant! As the night before I was feeling very uneasy, a full chinese family ( 3 tables) was there!
But in the end everybody was very welcoming, another cool  experience!










And the night finished at the Chinese favorite karaoke! (in which I was also forced to sing a BEP song, but I refused to sing Lady GaGa!)





1 commento:

  1. Hahaha! My favourite sentence is 'After few bottles of beers, undestanding became easier and also less important.'

    LOL. Looks like you're having a fun time! I'm glad you faced your fear and went to those meals - it's really intimidating, isn't it?! But totally worth it.

    I think you're beginning to look a little bit Chinese, too. Nice one!

    RispondiElimina