Translate/Traduci!

venerdì 26 luglio 2013

Korea Day 6: Best Seoul and Gangnam Style!


It was a beautiful, quiet Sunday morning.

So I made my way to the Bukchon Hanok Village, which is a neighborhood of Seoul with traditional style houses.
I didn't expect much, i was wrong. 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukchon_Hanok_Village



Probably because it was Sunday, I was almost the only person on the streets. Also, because the houses are all owned by privates, there's not that many tourists attractions if not for the houses itself and little cute shops on the narrows streets.







The neighborhood is situated right in the center of the historical Seoul, but atmophere it's so quiet, and the stylish houses makes you dreaming of living here...











And  that's a random weird sculpture  right there


And apparently they are building new houses as well...











Too bad I didn't have that much time to spend there, I had to rush to Jongmyo, a shrine cointaning the "souls" of many Korean kings.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jongmyo

It's forbidden to walk on this path, because the souls travel trough it



And here we are. The time has come. I can finally say, I have been to Gangnam!





This is Gangnam style!










Then I moved to another side of town, to the Buddhists temple of Bongeunsa

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bongeunsa


Damn Nazi Buddhists...





And that wasmy last day in Seoul. For my last day in Korea, I decided to take a look at the beautiful islands around Incheon...

1 commento: