Translate/Traduci!

giovedì 27 giugno 2013

Korea, Seoul Day 1

I had people sending me e-mails. Some others where just stopping me on the streets. Others came knocking at my door. But the question was always the same. WHEN ARE GOING TO WRITE ON YOUR BLOG AGAIN? and the answer is, Today.


If I haven't wrote anything so far it's just because I had nothing interesting to tell. I've been working a lot. Who would like to read about that?



Anyway, here I am with some juicy adventures again. This time not China. This time is KOREA. SOUTH, Korea. And a little bit of NORTH Korea. But we'll get to that later.



So let's get started, shall we?


So this is my backpack that I had on my shoulders the all time, and the guide that I worked so hard on for days, and then forgot home after taking this picture. Yay.





 But that isn't the only big mistake i made that day. As soon as I got to the airport I decided to take some money out at the ATM. So maybe because I wasn't used to Korean money, or because ATM in China just allows you to take a limited ammount of cash, or maybe (probably?) just because I'm stupid, but insted of taking 200.000 WON (ergo 175 dollars/ 135 euro) I took 2 MILLIONs. 2 F*(u)CKING MILLIONS WON. So 1.350 euro, and so on. I was aware of that only later. FML. (PS: I still have a million on my desk. Not sure what to do with it.)



ANYWAY something striked me as soon as I got out of the metro. I'm in Asia, but not in China. The sky is blue, I can see threes everywhere, the city is quiet, people are clean and (maybe too) polite.  From anywhere in Seoul is possibile to see the mountains that surrounds the city. Amazing.





I'm gonna give a personal overall opinion about Korea right away. Koreans are very nice and polite people, and Seoul is a great green city which has anything you can look for. It's unexpensive and the life style is no inferior to the one in the west.

So I spent the first day strolling around the modern streets of Insadong area






Here's a little monk waiting to cross the street to get to the Buddist temple of Jogyesa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogyesa)




 Funny Buddah


















And then at night I met my first host. Ok I need to make a little digression here. For the first time I decided to travel couchsurfing. What's couchsurfing? Well, couchsurfing it's a smart system which helps you to find people willing to host you for free in the country you are visiting, and then eventually they'll stay for free at your place when they visit your country. How cool is that? Not that cool sometimes, as we'll see later on. But it was cool most of the time. Here, I met my first host, Dave, a friendly american guy. He hosted me for 3 days and we went for some true Korean BBQ!






This was just a little introduction to my majestic adventures. Stay tuned, soon you'll be impressed, your mind will be blown away, you'll feel scared and disgusted, amazed and surprised, and more. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento