Translate/Traduci!

martedì 14 febbraio 2012

The English Teacher

Chinese New Year is finished, and so every chinese person is 1 year older. Actually, two years older then their real age. Let's make an example: When a chinese child is born, he is alredy 1 year old (not 0 like us) and every new year he/she's 1 year older. So if a chinese child is born 1 day before new year,he is going to be 2 years old after just 2 days he/she's born.

Talking about kids, I visited a kindergarten HE used to work in. They gave me a couple of photos, HE looks happy, I would never guess HE could work with kids.



The last day of chinese new year is the lantern festival, I randomly ended up in a small park festival that day, there was a little craft market and dragon dancers






This guy was cool. He was making candies shaped like the chinese zodiac's animals with his own hands and melted caramel



Thank to the school, I managed to know his previous flat. So I went to take a look at the area, Xujiahui












At the end of the day, I went strolling around Old Town again, the heart of the Lantern Festival celebration!










This photo is a perfect metaphor for Shanghai: Pretty european stuff next to old chinese one...they match and they really don't at the same time














1 commento:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTEEEEEE! Of course, naturally I'm talking about you. Oh, and those kids are alright too.

    RispondiElimina